Software for designing support assemblies, developed in-house by Bergen Pipe Supports, is available free-of-charge to customers.
PSDesigner Version 2
Please contact us to request a free download of PSDesigner v2.
PSDesigner is a customised support assembly design program, which uses its own drafting engine, removing the need for recipients to have third-party CAD installed on their own computers. PSDesigner is a versatile tool for designing pipe hanger assemblies using Bergen Pipe Supports’ standard components. Detailed hanger drawings are produced which include bills of material. By using the program, a bill of material and quotation for the hangers on a whole project can be quickly produced.
- The system enables the design of ‘standard’ hanger and support assemblies.
- Selection criteria, client, project and system data are entered to establish the basic parameters for selection of spring hangers and snubbers and to populate the drawing title block.
- Support arrangements are configured from the User Interface.
- Dimensions and support data are entered via dialogue boxes, selections are made by the software.
- The support configuration is validated by internal checks to identify incompatibility and interference between components.
- Detailed, scale drawings with Bill of Material are produced showing either 2D or 3D representations of the hanger, the hanger assembly is priced and the BOM is exported all through the software.
There are 3D catalogues in the following proprietary programs:
- Intergraph Smart3D
- Aveva PDMS
- Aveva Everything 3D (E3D)
PSDesigner links to 3D programs:
- Stand-alone program – 3D Export using IGES, DXF, STEP or STL – When using PSDesigner in stand-alone mode, use the “File/Export” button to export the model in your chosen file type. This enables hanger models to be placed into any 3D plant modelling system or drawings to be transferred to most popular CAD tools.
- PDMS V12.1 – We have a dedicated interface created & written by Aveva to ensure trouble free integration of PSDesigner Version 2.0.01 & later with Aveva’s PDMS plant modelling software tool. PSDesigner creates the hanger or support using the data available from the plant model & the resident library of Bergen Pipe Supports products.
- Smart3D R2014 – We have a dedicated interface created & written by Intergraph to ensure trouble free integration of PSDesigner Version 2.0.01 & later with Intergraph’s Smart 3D plant modelling software tool. Again the hanger or support is generated using the data available from the plant model & the resident library of Bergen Pipe Supports products.
PSDesigner is supplied with our full product catalogue & a 3D product browser. Some parts are able to be dragged & dropped into your drawings directly from the catalogue browser. The software, interfaces & full installation & operating instructions are provided on request.
Our support data is included in the following piping analysis programs:
- Caesar II by HEXAGON https://hexagon.com/products/caesar-ii. Bergen Pipe Supports’ variable effort support data is included in Caesar II Version 5.00 under ‘Pipe Supports’, and will also be in the new Version 5.20 when this is released. In Caesar II Versions 4.50 and earlier, Bergen Pipe Supports’ supports are listed under the name ‘Comet’ (this used to be our brand name).
- Autopipe 3D piping analysis program, supplied by Rebis.
- Triflex piping analysis software supplied by Software Solutions.
- Logisterion P10 piping analysis software.
- ROHR2 supplied by SIGMA Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH. Bergen Pipe Supports’ data for spring hangers and spring supports has now been implemented in ROHR2. ROHR2 users can update the program via the implemented update function.
- CAEPIPE, but we may be listed under the name ‘Comet’ (this used to be our brand name).