The Pipe Supports Group has over a century of experience & expertise in the Water and Waste Water Treatment Industry. Indeed our US company Carpenter & Paterson Inc. is a supplier to 90% of all new US waste water treatment plants, experience that we can now bring to the rest of the world. From standard hardware components available in a range of materials and finishes, right through to specialist supports for piping subjected to any transient loading, Bergen Pipe Supports supplies equipment that meet all the latest ASME, BSEN and MSS requirements. Bergen Pipe Supports Waste Water Division specialises in the design, manufacture, and distribution of a complete range of pipe supports, pipe restraints, vibration isolation devices, seismic control systems and related products for industrial and commercial applications, waste water treatment plants and water treatment facilities.
In the USA, Bergen and Carpenter & Paterson Inc., which specialises in the supply of pipe supports to waste water treatment plants, now supply equipment to 90% of all new US waste water treatment plants for a wide range of uses including sewerage treatment, aeration and sedimentation tanks, odour control systems, egg digesters and waste paper treatment. PSG is now able to draw on this expertise to ensure excellence in supply to the global water treatment market.
Our products meet the latest editions of MSS SP-58, MSS SP-127, ASME B31.1, ASME B31. 3, ASME B31.7, ASME Section IX, BSEN 13480 Part III and BSEN 1993-1. Appropriate products are also UL and FM rated.
We offer full design and drafting services utilising our in-house team of experienced engineers familiar with the requirements specific to waste water treatment and water treatment plants. Our team can provide on-site support to:
- Design supports for Field Run Piping
- Verify hanger conditions and locations prior to start-up
- Check hanger and seismic bracing installation to all the relevant design codes
In addition, our team can perform:
- Thermal and Deadweight Piping Analysis
- Static and Dynamic Seismic Piping Analysis
- Thrust and Transient Loading Analysis
- 3-D Hanger Modelling
- Vibration Analysis
- Structural Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis
The Bergen Pipe Supports range of standard and specialised hardware components required for waste water and water treatment plants ensure swift design, manufacture and supply of the full range of supports. Many are available in a 304 or 316 type stainless steel material or with a hot-dip galvanized finish which are common to these types of facilities. Epoxy painting and plastic coating can be provided as well. Anchor bolts and fasteners are also stocked in both galvanized and stainless steel for immediate shipment.
Should the piping or equipment be subject to thermal, seismic, vibration or any transient loading Bergen Pipe Supports also offers:
- Spring loaded hangers such as variable springs available to suit a wide range of thermal travel and loading combinations
- Seismic bracing for all ranges of pipe and tubing sizes for both static and dynamic conditions and forces, including hydraulic and mechanical snubbers
- Vibration isolation for both high and low frequencies and amplitudes
- Thrust restraints for both above and below ground applications.